As part of CERN, the TE-MSC-LMF section has the following roles:
● The manufacture, maintenance and technical support of the accelerator's superconducting magnets,
● The installation, commissioning and operation of the LHC Magnet Large Facility,
● The definition, manufacture and maintenance of busbars, electrical connections and interconnections,
● The installation, maintenance and operation of the coil zone,
● The development of tools for new projects and their supplies,
● Storage and logistics management of stores, cold masses as well as cryostatized magnets.