- Design, construction, testing, and magnetic measurements of superconducting and normal conducting magnets;
- Development, characterization and procurement of low-temperature and high-temperature superconductors;
- Design and construction of cryostats for magnets and superconducting devices, and integration in the accelerator complex;
- Support to operation, consolidation and upgrade of accelerator magnets, evaluation of the performance of magnets and superconducting devices in the accelerator complex;
- Development of associated technologies, fabrication tooling, procedures and quality assurance for present and future accelerators, in particular: insulation and polymers, superconducting devices, test and measurement instrumentation, magnetic field transducers.